hc1 is improving all the time. This page is an overview of the features and fixes in the latest release. Information about past releases is available in the pages below.
If you ever have trouble logging into hc1, make sure that the URL you are using is in this format: https://yourhc1environmentname.hc1.com. Don’t bookmark the Sign In page; that is a different URL and may change from release to release.
April 23, 2018 Update
In response to user feedback, this release delivered this fix:
- Reports and dashboards display user names correctly. Some user names were showing up as just a comma in reports and dashboards. The root cause was that the user name information was not populating properly in the views that provide report data. We corrected the BI User table in views, and now user names show up in reports like they should.
April 22, 2018 Updates
With this release of hc1 CRM, you can:
- Limit the Corrective Action choices a user sees based on other case picklist values.
- View a list of organizations imported from ProviderView.
- View ProviderView visualizations on imported organizations.
We’ve also made additional improvements.
Corrective Action Dependency Mapping
If you have multiple teams working cases and using the same layouts, you can streamline their environments by formatting the Corrective Action picklist to display just the options that are relevant to their work.
1. Hover overand, from the menu that appears, choose Admin.
2. Expand the Customizations menu and choose User Defined Layouts.
3. From the Record Type picklist, choose Case.
4. Click the name of the layout you want to change. The Layout Designer page opens.
5. Next to the name of the picklist that will determine which corrective actions are displayed, such as Category or Root Cause, click.
6. Click Dependency Mapping.
7. For each value you want to map:
- From the Values list, choose the value you want to map.
- From the Child Component list, choose Case Resolution.
- From the Corrective Action Values list, choose all the values you want to appear.
8. Click Apply.
Keep in mind that once you map the Case Resolution component to a parent picklist it is no longer available to be mapped to any other picklist on that record type. If you want to make it available again, you have to remove the existing parent-child relationship by deselecting the Corrective Action values in the Display Options window.
9. Click Publish.
To extend the Organizations functionality we added to ProviderView™ at the beginning of April, we have added a couple of features to hc1 CRM:
- A ProviderView custom list and Interface Quick Filter for organizations so users can see which organizations were imported from ProviderView.
- A ProviderView tab that system administrators can add to organization layouts that displays detail reports on organizations that are imported from ProviderView.
To make the ProviderView custom list visible to all users:
- Hover over and, from the menu that appears, choose Admin.
- Expand the Customizations menu, and choose Custom List.
- From the List Type picklist, choose Organization.
- From the List View picklist, choose ProviderView.
- In Visibility area, choose True.
- Click Save.
You will have to log out and log back in to see the change.
To add the ProviderView subtab to an organization layout:
1. Hover overand, from the menu that appears, choose Admin.
2. Expand the Customizations menu, and choose User Defined Layouts.
3. Confirm that the Select a Record Type picklist is set to Organization.
4. Click the name of the layout to which you want to add ProviderView.
5. In the Standard Subtabs list, click ProviderView and drag it to where you want it to appear among the organization subtabs.
6. Click Publish.
All users who have this contact layout on their customization profile will see ProviderView tabs on organizations added to the CRM through ProviderView the next time they log in.
Other hc1 CRM Improvements
In response to user feedback, this release also delivers these fixes:
- You can write reports that use DDC transaction information. If you open a view from Insight Settings, you’ll notice a new table in the Database Tables list: BI DDC Transactions. Just as you can use the BI Datafeed Transactions table in views to report on transactions between the hc1 database and your LIS or HL7 interfaces, so you can use the new BI DDC Transactions table to report on transactions between the hc1 database and custom datasets that hc1 Solution Architects have added to your hc1 environment.
- Users in distribution groups who are copied on activities receive notifications as expected. Before, if one user in a distribution group had an SMS number listed, it would block all notifications from being sent to the rest of the distribution group. We fixed the issue with SMS notifications, so notifications can once again flow to Collaboration Center, email inboxes, and phones, as specified in Notification Settings.
- hc1 Action Assistant is no longer subscribed to activity messages. Before, when you clicked to send a secure message from an activity that a rule created, hc1 Action Assistant would appear in the list of recipients. Then when you returned to the activity, hc1 Action Assistant would be added to the list of cc Users. Since hc1 Action Assistant never checks its hc1 notifications, we made changes so it will never appear in the To box of secure messages or in the cc Users field.
April 12, 2018 Updates
The latest release of ProviderView™ updates post-acute care data:
- The PAC Medicare Referral Claims sections on the Individuals and Organizations Dashboards now include data from the third quarter of 2017. Any saved filter sets that had the Period filter set to Current (which it is by default) have been automatically updated with this latest data. The data for the PAC Medicare Referral Claims section includes nationwide details for all Medicare Part A claims and is claim-based, not person-based. It is 6 to 9 months old and updated on a quarterly basis.
In response to user feedback, the latest hc1 CRM release delivered these fixes:
- Updates to organizations made through the SFTP site and File Loader don’t wipe out valid sales representative information. We now validate sales representative and sales territory information using the unchanging database identification numbers to ensure consistent results. However, if you are replacing a sales representative on an organization, there are some circumstances in which the existing representative is removed, but the new one is not added:
- There’s a typo in the new sales representative’s email address, so it doesn’t match any users.
- The user specified as the new sales representative isn’t marked as a sales representative or isn’t part of the indicated sales territory.
- The tag for sales representative is set, but no user email address for the sales representative is given.
- Collaboration users can assign cases they create to distribution groups. Before, these users would get an “Invalid” error message when they tried to assign cases to a distribution group. The problem was a broken Assigned To picklist. (Collaboration users have an Assigned To picklist instead of a search box because they have limited CRM access.) We fixed the picklist, so the CRM properly registers whatever value collaboration users choose.
April 5, 2018 Updates
In response to user feedback, this release delivers this fix:
- Quick Create components create activities as expected. Before, these components would sometimes not work when you clicked the button. We discovered that the code was double-validating required fields on Quick Create components and causing this error. We have changed the code, so you now can add Quick Create cases, tasks, and memos to your heart’s content.
For more information about this feature, refer to Make a Quick Create Component.
April 1, 2018 Updates
With this release of ProviderView™, you can:
- Generate a list of referral sources who are a good fit for your post acute care facility’s services and quickly create new organization records in the hc1 CRM from that list.
- Use referral destination information to analyze your competition.
- Save time when building filter sets by copying existing ones.
The new Organizations tab’s filters and visualizations of CMS data are designed to boost post acute care facilities’ referral source management efforts. Just like the Individuals tab, the Organizations tab has a Dashboard for filtering referral source and referral destination data and a List for examining referral source organization details and exporting those organizations to the CRM. The global metrics across the top of the Dashboard and List reflect current filtered results.
The Organizations Dashboard has two sections:
- The source for the Organization Breakdown data is the NPPES NPI Directory, which is updated monthly. You can filter this information by facility name, specialty, NPI number and city, state, county, and ZIP code. The visualizations include the Organizations Distribution drill-through heat map and the Top 5 Specialties and Top 5 Sub Specialties bar chart comparisons.
- The PAC Medicare Referral Claims data includes nationwide details for all Medicare Part A claims and is claim-based (not person-based); it also contains both referral source and referral destination data. This data is approximately 6 to 9 months old and is updated on a quarterly basis. The Admissions charts also incorporate CMS ratings from the Five-Star Quality Rating System.
Clicking an organization link on the Referral Data Analysis table or on the List page opens the details page for that organization, which shows referral breakdowns and patient volume trends.
This release also enhances ProviderView filters:
- You can copy filter sets. Click My Filters, and, next to the filter you want to copy, click . In the Save Filters box that appears, replace the existing filter name with a new name and click Save.
- The new Current filter for Period or Year shows the most recent data available. All date filters are set to the most recent date, the Current filter, when you sign in to ProviderView. If you leave this setting as is in your saved filter sets instead of changing it to a specific date, such as Q1 - 2017, the Period or Year filter value will automatically change to the most recent date and the data will be automatically updated every time we update the data in ProviderView.
If you are interested in adding ProviderView to your hc1 subscription, contact your hc1 account manager. For more information about ProviderView, refer to the hc1 ProviderView section of Online Help.